Authentic Fish Tacos
- 1 package (680g) BlueWater Crunchy Breaded Tilapia Fillets
- 10 flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup cabbage or iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 limes, quartered
- 2 cups fresh chipotle salsa (3 pieces canned chipotle chilies en adobo, 2 cloves of roasted and peeled garlic, 2 boiled and peeled tomatoes, salt to taste)
- Prepare BlueWater Crunchy Breaded Tilapia Fillets according to package directions.
- To make salsa: In a blender, mix chiles, garlic, tomatoes and salt. Blend very briefly. The mixture should be slightly chunky.
- Transfer salsa to a bowl and stir in the prepared BlueWater Crunchy Breaded Tilapia Fillets.
- To assemble tacos, divide fish mixture among tortillas and top each taco with about 1 tablespoon of cabbage. Serve with additional salsa and lime wedges on the side, if desired.
To reduce preparation by 10 minutes, replace fresh chipotle salsa with two cups prepared salsa. If you are looking for a lighter fare, replace the Crunchy Breaded Tilapia Fillets with BlueWater’s Classic Grill Tilapia Fillets.